The user would like to show Inventory by Location using the Inventory Valuation Report in NetSuite. The Inventory Valuation Report already includes information such as Quantity on Hand, Value and the Item. The user will need to customize the report to show it by location.
1. Navigate to Reports > Inventory/Items >Inventory Valuation > Customize Summary.
2. In the Report Builder page, navigate to the Edit Columns link
3. Expand the Quantity on Hand folder and then open the Location folder
4. Select the first Name field.
3. In the Report Preview section on the right side of the page, click Item to highlight and uncheck the Group With Previous Column checkbox.
5. Now the order of the columns would show Item Type as the first column followed by Item column.
6. Move the Location column to the left to make it the first column. The order of the column will now show Location as the first column, Item Type as the second column and Item as the third column.
7. Click the Item Type column and mark the check box Group With Previous Column.
8. Repeat the previous step with Item column. The hierarchy will now show as Location, Item Type and Item.
9. Click Preview.