A NetSuite sandbox is an isolated test account in which you can develop and test customizations without worrying about affecting your production account.
Note: If you are interested in getting a Sandbox account please speak to your account manager.
NetSuite Sandbox Accounts
You can have one or more sandboxes provisioned for each production account. Each sandbox account has the same configuration, data, and customization as your production account.
Sandbox accounts provide ideal places for:
- Testing customization elements before deployment.
- Fixing issues with existing customizations.
- Trying out third-party integration features.
- Training employees in existing and new business practices in an account identical to your production account.
Actions you take in sandbox accounts, such as transaction entries, record deletions, and form customizations, have no effect on your NetSuite production account. You can feel free to make changes in a sandbox account without altering your production data.
How to Refresh/Activate your Sandbox Account
Navigate to the Sandbox Accounts page in your production account via: Setup > Company > Sandbox Accounts and click Refresh (or Copy Data to Sandbox for new account) Sandbox to request a refresh of your sandbox account.
Note: Please check with your colleagues first as any customisations or records created in the existing Sandbox environment will be lost after the refresh for Sandbox with existing data. The refresh will be a recent copy of your production account data, settings and customisations.
Preference for Access After Sandbox Refresh
From your production account, an Administrator can set who has access to the sandbox account via: Setup > Company > Sandbox Accounts. There is an option where they can select between All Users or Administrators Only.
Note: If the Administrators only option is selected, only the Administrator role is copied to the sandbox. That is, for a user with multiple roles, only the administrator role for that user is copied to the sandbox.
How to Grant Sandbox Access to Individual Users:
Note: Customer Center and Partner Center roles are never allowed access to sandbox accounts.
1. Log in to your Production account and hover your mouse cursor on your Profile Name at the upper-right corner of NetSuite then click View All Roles. See sample screenshot:
2. Under Switch to Another Account, choose the Administrator role with 'Sandbox' as the Account Type.
3. Now that you're logged in to Sandbox, ensure that you are using Administrator role to be able to provide an access to other users. Navigate to to Lists > Employees > Employees and select (or create) the desired employee record on sandbox.
4. On the Access subtab in the employee record, check the Give Access box and enter any required information such as Role and Temporary Password
5. Click Save. The employee to whom you have granted access can now log in to your sandbox account on system.netsuite.com.
To grant sandbox access to all users of your production account, you must go to the Sandbox Accounts page in your production account, select the All Users option for Access After Sandbox Refresh, and click Refresh Sandbox to request a refresh of your sandbox account.
How to Remove Sandbox Access from Individual Users:
1. Log in to your production account then switch or select your Sandbox administrator role.
2. Go to Lists > Employees > Employees and select the employee record on sandbox.
3. On the Access subtab in the employee record, uncheck the Give Access box.
4. Click Save. The employee to whom you have removed access can no longer log in to your sandbox account.