A scheduled Mass Update can be used to automatically send out unpaid Invoices to your Customers. You can configure the email template content and set the frequency of the emails being sent. A pdf of the unpaid Invoice will be automatically attached to the email.
Navigate to Lists > Mass Update > Mass Updates > Transactions > Bulk Email.
1. Set a Title for your Mass Update, under Message tab, enter a temporary email Subject then click Save. Re-open it by going to Lists > Mass Update > Saved Mass Updates > click your update and edit it.
2. Enter in your Criteria to specify the unpaid invoices you want to send out. Use the below criteria as a starting point and further modify to suit your own requirements.
** Add fields below:
a. Type > select Invoice
b. Messages fields.. > select Type > select Email
c. Days Overdue > select Is Greater Than then enter (number of days you prefer)
d. Amount Remaining > select Is Greater Than then enter (amount value you prefer) **optional
** Tick USE EXPRESSIONS box
a. Under NOT, tick box to make it Yes right before Messages : Type
b. Select And for Type, Messages : Type, Days Overdue under AND/OR
** Simplier version is below:
Note: This will pull up ALL unpaid invoices or any invoices with remaining amount to pay.
3. On the Results tab, add :
** You can also add Days Overdue as additional information
4. Set your Schedule. Once you have tested your Mass Update and are happy to release it, check the Run Update According to Schedule checkbox.
5. Create your Email message. Select an existing email template or write a new email message.
6. Review Recipients to set priority order of emails. Click Save, to save your Mass Update.
7. Access your Mass Update via Lists > Mass Update > Saved Mass Updates.
8. Click Preview, to see a list of Invoices that will be automatically sent out. These are the invoices that haven't been emailed out yet and are currently on due and not paid yet. You can manually uncheck invoices in this list and send out a few to test. A copy of the email sent will show under the messages tab on the Customer record.
9. Click Perform Update to trigger the email alert.