User wants to display Other Current Liability accounts in a Budget vs Actual Report.
Standard Budget vs Actual Report would only show Ordinary Income and Expense as well as Other Income and Expense type of accounts.
This article shows how to customize the Budget vs Actual Report so that it will show other account types aside from the ones mentioned above, specifically Other Current Liability accounts.
- Navigate to Reports> Banking/Budgeting >Budget vs Actual
- Click Customize
- Click Edit Layout
- Layout:Select Add Financial Section
- A box for New Section Row will display
- Select Create New Section
- Click OK
- Header Label: Add Label
Example: Other Current Liabilities
- Click Section tab
- Filter:Select Account Type
- Description: Select Other Current Liability
- Click Preview
The same step applies to other Account Types as well.
Note: Home > Set Preferences > Reporting/Search > Reporting: Report by Period should be set to either All Reports or Financials Only so that the Budget Amount column would display correctly.