Users cannot use Net Income from the Custom Income Statement on a Custom Balance Sheet.
User has a Custom Income Statement report filtered by Department and the Net Income on such report should be used on a Custom Balance Sheet filtered also by Department.
Net Income section of the Balance Sheet is set up correctly to pull up from the Custom Net Income, however, when the amounts are drilled down, the Custom Net Income is not pulled up.
- Filters on the Custom Income Statement report are not being used or pulled up when it is linked to another custom report such as Custom Balance Sheet.
- Set every Account section on the Custom Income Statement and select the Department from there instead of using the filters.
To apply the findings:
1. Open Custom Income Statement Report
2. Click Customize
3. Click Edit Layout section
4. Click Income section
5. Click Section sublist
6. Click Add criteria button
7. On the pop up, click OK
8. Select Department Name
9. Set Department/s applicable.
Users may do the same on all other Account section on the Custom Income Statement report, (e.g. Cost of Sales, Gross Profit, and etc..)
Note: For Customized Balance Sheet Reports with a modified Net Income section Report Reference, report filters from the customized Income Statement referenced will not be captured as it will cause discrepancies on the Balance Sheet totals. On your Balance Sheet report, the Net Income section will still display the true Net Income provided that no other filters are set on the Balance Sheet report