User may encounter the following scenario:
- Inventory Item Value is lower than expect value
- Related Item Receipt > Landed Cost Tab > Landed Cost has Amount but not showing on the GL Impact
- Tried to edit and Save the Item Receipt and it shows Error: Cost category for landed cost the same with Asset Account of the item.
This occurs when Expense Account on the Landed Cost Category was changed after saving Item Receipts with landed costs and the new Expense Account is the same as the Asset Account of the Inventory Item.
To resolve this, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to Setup > Accounting > Accounting List
2. Select Type = Cost Category
3. Edit the Landed Cost Category used on the Item Receipt
4. Change and setup the proper Expense Account
Note: It should not be the same with the Asset Account of the Inventory Item but the same with the Expense Account on the related Other Charge Item.
5. Click Save
The system is expected to recalculate the costs of the items with that landed cost category.
User should now be able to successfully saved the edited Item Receipt even without any field changes. And the Landed Cost should properly show on the related receipt/s.