Users assigned a role that has the User Access Token permission can create, assign, and manage tokens for the current user and current role.
Tokens created using the Token-based Authentication feature in your NetSuite production account are not copied to your Release Preview or to your sandbox accounts. To test this feature in Release Preview or in a sandbox, you must create new tokens in that account. Each time the sandbox is refreshed, you must create new tokens in the sandbox.
To create a token using the Manage Access Tokens link:
1. Log in using a role with the User Access Token permission.
2. In the Settings portlet, click the Manage Access Tokens link.
3. The My Access Tokens page appears, listing all the tokens for the current user in the current role.
4. Click New My Access Token.
The Access Token page appears.
- On the Access Token page:
- Select the Application Name.
- The Token Name is already populated by default with a concatenation of Application Name, User, and Role. Enter your own name for this token, if preferred.
5. Click Save.
The confirmation page displays the Token ID and Token Secret.
Warning For security reasons, the only time the Token ID and Token Secret values are displayed is on the confirmation page. After you leave this page, theses values cannot be retrieved from the system. If you lose or forget these credentials, you will need to create a new token and obtain new values.
Treat these values as you would a password. Never share these credentials with unauthorized individuals and never send them by email.