Newly imported Fixed Asset records are not depreciating and the Current Net Book Value and Cumulative Depreciation fields are blank even after updating it.
The usual reason why the Cumulative Depreciation is blank even though the Current Net Book Value is mapped and imported is because once the FAM Asset is imported, it didn't create Asset Value record.
To generate Asset Value records, user needs to run the FAM Migrate to Precompute SS.
1. Navigate to Customization > Scripting > Script Deployments
2. Filters: Set all the filters to -All- except for the filter Script
3. Script: Select FAM Migrate to Precompute SS
4. Click on Edit
Status: Select Not Scheduled
Schedule: Select Single Event
5. Hover to Save
6. Click Save and Execute
7. Navigate to Fixed Assets > Background Processing > Status
8. Wait for the Migrate to Depreciation Schedule process to finish
Note: Import again the file as an update and map only the necessary fields.
The Asset Value record will be created once the FAM Assets are imported with the preferences followed:
- On Fixed Assets > Setup > System Setup, make sure that the Run Server Scripts on CSV Import box is not checked
- On Setup > Import/Export > CSV Import Preferences, check the Run Server SuiteScript and Trigger Workflows box.