- The Email User A tries to forward must have originated from a Transaction record. For example, another user can enter a Sales Order for Customer XYZ and Email a copy of the order to the Customer after saving the Transaction. Although User A has Permission to view that particular Email, user was not be able to forward it.
- User has Full Access Level to both Customer and Track Messages permissions.
- There is no restriction set to the user's role.
- When the user views a Customer record and tries to forward an Email under Communication tab, the error appears upon clicking Merge & Send stating "Permission Violation: you may not access this record"
Since User A does not have the necessary Permission for the Transaction where the Email originated from, he is not able to forward messages that originated from Transactions. However, user can send or forward Emails that originated from Customer records.
To allow user A to forward emails from transaction:
- As Administrator navigate to Setup > Users/Roles > Manage Roles
- Edit the custom role
- Under the Permissions tab > Transactions subtab, add the necessary Permissions and set the Access Level
- Click Save