Expenses are the basic elements from which you create expense reports. They can include an image of the physical receipt and accompanying description of what the expense relates to. You can attach up to four attachments to an expense enabling you to organize multiple items under a single category.
NetSuite for Mobile stores expenses locally on your device until you submit them as a part of an expense report. To submit an expense report, you must log in with a role that includes the permission to create expense reports.
To log an expense:
1. Do one of the following:
- From the login screen, tap Expenses.
- From My Dashboard, on the My Expenses portlet, tap Add Expense.
2. Complete the required fields.
3. (Optional) Capture a new image of a bill or receipt for the expense:
- For iOS, tap the Camera icon Screenshot of the NetSuite for iOS Camera icon, and then tap Capture using Camera.
- For Android, tap Take a Photo. To rotate the photo:
- Tap the thumbnail, and then tap Open.
- Tap the Rotate icon NetSuite for Android Rotate icon.
- To delete the photo, tap the Discard icon NetSuite for Android Discard icon.
- To confirm the rotation and return to the Expense screen, tap the Back icon Screenshot of the NetSuite for Android Back icon.
4. (Optional) Attach an existing file to the expense:
- For iOS, tap the Camera icon, and then tap Choose existing from Gallery (NetSuite for iOS supports JPG and PNG formats.)
- For Android, tap Pick a File. (NetSuite for Android supports PDF, JPG, and PNG formats.)
5. Repeat step 3 or 4 to attach additional files.
You can add up to four attachments to an expense.
6. To save the expense:
- For iOS, tap Done.
- For Android, tap the Tick icon