For Employees that are entitled to Paid Parental Leave (Gov) their payments should be made via an adjustment run.
Paid Parental Leave (Gov) Pay Run:
1. Perform your Normal Pay Run and leave out the Paid Parental Leave employee.
2. Then perform an Adjustment run for the Paid Parental Leave employee.
3. Ensure accrue leave is unchecked. The employee will accrue LSL but not annual leave.
4. Perform a Part Period Reduction to zero out normal working hours.
5. Enter a one off payment under Paid Parental Leave (Gov) and the amount.
6. Process pay run as per normal.
For more information about the Paid Parental Leave scheme:
- visit the Department of Human Services website www.humanservices.gov.au/pplemployers
- phone the Department of Human Services Business Hotline on 131 158.