The JCurve ERP Edition of NetSuite is an exclusive small business edition available to JCurve Solutions customers. As such, not all NetSuite enhancements and features will be released to the JCurve ERP edition.
We’ve made it easy for our customers to see the applicable features and enhancements in the following 2023.2 release summary.
Should you be using a NetSuite edition, please see the NetSuite 2023.2 Release Notes
For other release related articles you may refer to these links below:
Note: SuiteApps from the SuiteApps marketplace are only available in full NetSuite edition accounts, not in Jcurve edition accounts.
SECTION 1 - ACCOUNTING
NetSuite 2023.2 includes the following enhancements to accounting features:
Fixed Assets Management Enhancements
Optimized Validation for Fixed Assets Report Template Customization
The User Interface now incorporates validation for the Fixed Assets Report Template customization. When selecting custom fields in the Source Field that do not have the Store Values option enabled on their record, a validation check is performed. If any such fields are included in a custom report and the report is saved, an alert message will be displayed.
Please note that only the fields sourced manually by the SuiteApp during the report data generation can be utilized, regardless of whether the Store Value option is checked or not.
For more information, see the help topic Customizing the Fixed Assets Report Template through the User Interface.
Modify Lease Records with Semiannually and Quarterly Rental Frequency
The Lease Modification process now extends support for leases with Quarterly and Semiannually rental frequencies. In order to align with the depreciation period, which only allows monthly and annual options, the lease term for such records will be converted to the corresponding number of months or years. The resulting lease term will be equivalent to the asset's lifetime after the conversion.
For more information, see the help topic Modifying Lease Records
Split Fully Depreciated Assets
Fixed Assets Management SuiteApp now supports asset split even for fully depreciated assets. When accessing the Asset Split page, you now have the option to select fully depreciated assets from the Asset Name/ID field.
For more information, see the help topic Asset Split.
Bulk Asset Split
The Asset Split feature has been enhanced to support CSV import, enabling the division of assets into multiple records in a single transaction. By clicking the "Import CSV" button on the Asset Split page, you can access the Bulk Asset Split page. Additionally, a sample CSV file is provided for download on the page. To split specific assets, you can modify the sample file by adding the necessary details, and then proceed to upload the edited CSV file on the same page.
For more information, see the help topic Splitting Assets in Bulk.
Lease Calculation Updates for Operating Lease
For lease assets modified in version 2023.2, The RV is now determined as the difference between the remaining lease payments of the modified contract and the current net book value of the asset after the modification. The RV is shown as a negative amount.
The residual value percentage of an operating lease is calculated as the RV divided by the asset current cost.
The write-down adjustment arising from the modification of an operating lease has been aligned with the calculation used for finance leases. The write-down adjustment is now calculated as the difference between:
- The lease liability balance at the effective date of modification, and
- The new net present value resulting from the application of the modified lease terms.
For more information, see the help topic Calculating the Lease Modification Adjustment.
SECTION 2 - ACCOUNT SETUP AND MAINTENANCE
Line Item IDs in System Notes
- Line ID and Line Transaction ID fields are now displayed in System Notes
- Users can now use these fields to track changes on line items using SuiteAnalytics and SuiteQL.
SECTION 3 - AUTHENTICATION
End of Support for SMS/Voice Call for 2FA
The support has ended for two-factor authentication (2FA) by SMS/Voice Call. Users who are still using 2FA by SMS/voice call must reset their NetSuite 2FA settings and use an authenticator app to avoid problems in the future such as not being able to receive the code. You can reset your 2FA settings from the Settings portlet or have any users with the administrator role reset your 2FA by using the ’User Access Reset Tool’.
Outbound Single Sign-on (SuiteSignOn) End of Support Targeted for NetSuite 2024.2
It is targeted for NetSuite release 2024.1 that the Outbound Single Sign-on (SuiteSignOn) feature will no longer be supported in Sandbox accounts, followed by Production accounts by NetSuite 2024.2.
In preparation for the release of NetSuite 2024.2, several test windows will be scheduled, and proactive feature change notifications will be sent. These measures aim to inform and prepare users for the removal of the SuiteSignOn feature in Sandbox accounts first, followed by 'Production' accounts.
As an alternative to SuiteSignOn, users can utilize the "NetSuite as an OIDC Provider" feature.
SECTION 4 - BANKING
Cash 360 Enhancements
Cash 360 version 1.1 includes the following enhancements:
- View cash projections not only for your subsidiary but also for other active subsidiaries, including consolidated subsidiaries.
- The opening balance amount now considers the sum of all Chart of Accounts with the type bank for your subsidiary up to the current posting period only.
- The cash forecast table now includes all posting transactions that contribute to the computation of A/R and A/P amounts. Previously, the cash forecast table only considered invoices for A/R and vendor bills for A/P.
- You can now view future-dated transactions in the cash forecasts. Future-dated transactions are transactions for specified date ranges that fall into the next posting period. Future-dated transaction amounts are also included in the total closing balance calculations.
- In the cash forecast table, you can now click any of the following amounts to open a window that lists all accounts included in the calculation of the amount:
- Opening balance
- Future-dated transaction
- Accounts receivable
- Accounts payable
You can also export the list of transactions that contributed to the amount calculation as a CSV file.
SECTION 5 - GLOBALIZATION
Country Name Change for 37 Countries
NetSuite has provided a table that lists countries with updated short names. See the preview of 5 out of the 37 updated countries below:
|Outdated NetSuite Country Name||Updated NetSuite Country Name|
|Aland Islands||Åland Islands|
|Bolivia||Bolovia (Plurinational State of)|
|Bonaire, Saint Eustatius and Saba||Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba|
|Cape Verde||Cabo Verde|
|Congo, Democratic Republic of||Congo (the Democratic Republic of the)|
The short name of multiple countries has been updated in NetSuite. The updated country name is based on changes in the ISO standard. This will be reflected in any existing records, transactions, tax reports, and subsidiaries in your account. However, the address fields representing any of the updated countries in your account will require manual changes. This includes updating any open transactions with shipping or billing addresses if you want to include NetSuite ISO short name.
SECTION 6 - INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
NetSuite 2023.2 includes the following enhancements to inventory management features:
Supply Planning Lot Sizing Options for Minimum Order Quantity
In NetSuite 2023.2, the Supply Planning feature enhanced with the addition of a Minimum Order Quantity requirement for new planned orders generated by the planning engine. If more quantity is needed, users have the option to include the required amount above the minimum quantity.
This enhancement is applicable to the following NetSuite features:
- Item Location Configuration: Separate Lot Sizing options will be available for the Minimum Order Quantity.
- Planned Purchase Orders: When utilizing the Minimum Order Quantity option, planned purchase orders will show a quantity greater than the minimum order quantity when the required quantity exceeds the minimum order quantity. However, when the required quantity is less than or equal to the minimum order quantity, the quantity displayed will be equal to the minimum order quantity.
Warehouse Management Enhancements
NetSuite 2023.2 introduces significant enhancements to Warehouse Management:
- Updates to Wave Creation – Custom wave criteria templates can now be set up using the New and Edit options on the Wave Criteria page. This allows for more tailored order, item, and shipping filters. Waves for unreleased orders can be assigned the Pending Release or Released status, giving more control over the picking process.
- New Pick Task Details and Bulk Assignment – The Show Additional Pick Task Columns preference displays extra columns on the Pick Task page, allowing additional details for each pick task line. Warehouse operators can be assigned multiple pick tasks, and bulk reassignment is now possible during wave creation.
- Pick Reversal Capabilities – Pick reversals for work orders on the mobile app are enhanced. Work order components can be reversed, including specific lot numbers and over-picked components, up to ten pick task lines at a time. Bin selection for reversed items is also available by enabling the Choose bins for reversed pick task items?
- Updates to Other Mobile Processes – Various mobile processes have been updated:
- PO Receiving: Orders can be searched using the Manufacturer's Part Number (MPN) of an item.
- Inbound Shipment and PO Receiving: Tally scan of different item types continuously can be enabled through the "Enable Tally Scan?" rule.
- Advanced Receiving Feature: The "Enable Restock option for returns?" system rule allows manual item receipt creation for returns, enabling returns to inventory or write-off for non-restocked items.
- Supported Inventory Processes: Items can be entered using their HIBC barcode.
- Bin Transfer Process: The Transfer All option can be chosen to update lot or serialized items
NetSuite 2023.2 introduces the following enhancements to the Quality Management SuiteApp:
- Automatically Assign the Quality Management Inspection Queue – allows automatic assignment of an employee when creating an inspection. The assigned employee receives an email notification when an inspection queue is created and assigned.
- Support Quality Management Tablet Navigation from SCM Mobile Framework – enables easy access to the Quality Management tablet from various products like Manufacturing Mobile SuiteApp, WMS, Ship Central, and Smart Count.
- Generate COA for Item Fulfillment from a Transfer Order – Transfer Orders can be used to generate a Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Item Fulfillment.
- Quality Management Improvements and Fixes – Several improvements and fixes are included in the Quality Management SuiteApp such as:
- When you use the Advanced Manufacturing tablet to report production inventory, you can generate an inspection queue without duplicate lot or serial numbers.
- You can now generate an inspection queue with the correct transaction quantity for a partial Item Receipt and a partial Item Fulfillment Transaction.
- The Quality Management SuiteApp enables you to change the inventory status as part of the Enhanced Receipt Quarantine Workflow without a bin transfer.
- You can use the ad-hoc process to generate an inspection queue with the correct transaction line number.
- The Quality Management SuiteApp now displays the full quantity in Certificate of Analysis (COA) documents.
- You can now set a default saved search when you are using the Tablet view.
- Quality Management enables you to display assignee and priority values in the inspection queue details.
SCM Mobile Enhancements
NetSuite 2023.2 introduces the following enhancements to the SCM Mobile:
- Ability to Switch Roles on the App – Users can now switch between roles with access to SCM Mobile app directly from their device, without having to do it through the NetSuite UI.
- New Options for Saving Mobile Configurations – Mobile configurations can now be saved separately without updating the app each time. Users can choose between Save or Save and Update App on the Mobile Configuration page. This allows for more flexibility in configuring page elements and subtabs.
- Support for Dynamic IP Addresses for Printers – The Enable Dynamic IP Printing setting allows adding dynamic IP addresses (up to 100 or a range) to the safelist for mobile printing.
- Ability to Change Button Sizes – In SCM Mobile, users can now choose between Medium and Large settings to increase the size of Action Button types of page elements. This change applies to buttons in standard and custom mobile processes.
- Enhancements to Table Elements – Transfer Table elements can have columns added to their left side during mobile customization or configuration. Users can also choose a column to sort data on the app, and the sorting preference persists even after logging out and logging back in with the same credentials and role.
Smart Count Enhancements
Smart Count SuiteApp version 3.0.4 includes the following enhancements:
- When approving item counts, the SuiteApp now creates inventory adjustments even if the Adjustment Location field on an inventory adjustment record is blank
- Setting the next inventory count date on an item record is no longer required when creating a custom saved search.
- The Counted By field on the Smart Count Review page now lists all the users who have performed item counts.
SECTION 7 - MANUFACTURING
(applicable for NetSuite accounts with Manufacturing Mobile and SCM Mobile only)
Costed Bill of Materials SuiteApp Now Available
The Costed Bill of Materials SuiteApp calculates the total cost of an assembly based on a bill of materials revision, routing, and templates used. The SuiteApp also enables you to view the comprehensive cost breakdown of an assembly item, view and analyze the costs of individual components required for an assembly, estimate the potential costs of manufacturing items for the bill of materials, and access cost breakdowns for bills of materials as part of your product engineering and costing processes.
The SuiteApp includes Material Costs subtab, Assembled Costs subtab, and Fully Exploded Costs subtab.
Manufacturing Mobile Enhancements
NetSuite 2023.2 includes the following Manufacturing Mobile SuiteApp enhancements:
- The Bulk Manager role no longer has access in Manufacturing Mobile.
- The number of work orders displayed on the Select Work order page is controlled by a system parameter. In Manufacturing Mobile Preferences, you can set the value for the Past Work Order Days to be Shown parameter. For example, if set to this parameter to 30, only work orders within the past 30 days are shown.
- Manufacturing Mobile now enables you to add a field and update the custom records using the SCM Mobile No Code Solution framework. This framework allows a custom field to be added to a page with no coding effort.
- You can now use your mobile device to report scrap for Work in-Progress (WIP) Work Orders.
Work Instructions and Traveler SuiteApp Now Available
The Work Instructions & Traveler SuiteApp enables you to generate traveler reports of required work orders. Using these reports, the shop floor personnel can perform day-to-day assembly operations. A traveler report outlines information such as required components, work order details, and work instructions to perform each step in the operation. This report is intended to travel from one work center to another for each operation in the work order until the work order is complete.
The SuiteApp includes the following:
- A traveler report that uses a default template to generate the report for the shop floor personnel. You can also create your own custom template.
- The Traveler Preferences page generates the traveler report in the desired template format and desired directory location within the file cabinet.
- The Work Instructions subtab in a manufacturing routing record, where you can define instructions in text format, is associated to every operation within routing in a sequential manner. In the URL column, you can associate a single URL to each of the operation steps. Using the Print Image box, you can also print the images associated to the URL in the traveler report. The Work Instructions & Traveler SuiteApp will enable you to view the work instructions and images in the Manufacturing Mobile SuiteApp. This feature will be available in NetSuite 2024.1 release.
- The Generate Traveler page to filter the required work orders defined for a location that need to be included in the report and print the report.
- A Print Traveler button in the work order transaction so that you can print instructions related to the work order.
- Support for CSV import and export of instructions from Advanced Manufacturing SuiteApp to Work Instructions & Traveler SuiteApp. This feature can help Advanced Manufacturing users retain the existing work instructions for corresponding routing associated to an assembly item.
SECTION 8 - ORDER MANAGEMENT
Electronic Bank Payments Enhancements
NetSuite 2023.2 includes the following enhancements for Electronic Bank Payments SuiteApp:
Auto Process Queued PFA Script Extends Support to Post PFA Processes
You can use the Auto Process Queued PFA script to perform Processing Reversals and Processing Notifications statuses. You can select these statuses from the File Processed? list on the Payment File Administration page.
- Change the status of the stuck PFA to Failed
- Trigger the next available PFA in the queue automatically
Custom Plug-in Implementation for Invoice Payment Processing
Users can create custom invoice payment processing Suitelets using the EP API Plug-in SS2 - customscript_17239_ep_api_plugin custom plug-in implementation.
Enhancement to Entity Bank Records Display in Edit and View Modes
The entity Bank Detail page display will be same in both edit and view modes. The Bank Detail page will display the fields based on the payment format you select from the Payment File Format list.
Process Customer Refunds Using Primary and Secondary Banks
Users can now process customer refund transactions on the Customer Refund Payments page by using both primary and secondary entity banks. Go to Payments > Global Payments > Customer Refund Payments to process customer refund transactions.
Electronic Invoicing Enhancements
Electronic Invoicing SuiteApp version 9.04.0 includes the following enhancements:
Setting Failure Status on E-Document Generation
Electronic Invoicing now enables you to set the e-document status to Generation Failed through a custom data source plug-in type.
Electronic Invoicing Preferences Updates
The Electronic Invoicing preference fields on the Subsidiary and Company Information page as well as the Automation Type preference are relocated to the Electronic Invoicing Preferences page. This update avoids duplicate uses of shared core records such as those on the Subsidiary and Company Information page. You can now set and manage account-level and subsidiary specific EI preferences in one place.
The following table contains details of the migrated Electronic Invoicing preferences:
Vendor Credit Inbound Support
Electronic Invoicing now supports vendor credit transactions as an inbound transaction type. In all accounts, you can also create an inbound e-document with transaction type Bill Credit manually, using REST web services, or through an email capture plug-in.
You can also process a vendor issued PEPPOL credit memo into an inbound NetSuite vendor credit. To help with the conversion, you can use a sample vendor credit inbound e-document template and a custom data source plug-in.
Performance Improvements in Transaction’s Edit and View Functionality
The SuiteApp’s performance is now optimized for viewing (for non-administrator users) and editing transactions.
Changes in QR Code and QR String Transaction Body Field IDs
The field IDs for the transaction body fields QR code and QR string are now updated. Additionally, the field type of QR string is changed from free-form text to long text for better readability and usability.
SuiteScript 2.1 Migration
SuiteScripts that are independent of custom electronic invoicing plug-ins for Electronic Invoicing SuiteApp are now upgraded from SuiteScript version 2.0 to version 2.1. The updated version supports ECMAScript 2019 and runs on a newer runtime engine. This update significantly improves the performance of the scripts without impacting their workflow.
Ship Central Enhancements
NetSuite 2023.2 includes the following enhancements for Ship Central:
Support for International Shipping
You can now process packed orders for international shipping through the mobile app. This comes with additional preferences
- Enable International Shipping – If you set up International Shipping, you can set this preference to enable it on the app. Ship to international locations, then print labels and related documents such as the Certificate of Origin.
- Shipment Contents – Identify or classify the contents for all international shipments.
- Non-delivery Instructions – Specify whether you want non-delivered international shipments to always be returned to the sender or treated as abandoned. These instructions appear on shipping labels.
- Charge Tax To – Choose whether the Shipper or Recipient handles the related taxes, fees, and duties on all international shipments. Also provides the facility to set up tax identifiers.
- Enable USPS Canada Delivered Duty Paid – Always apply delivered duty paid (DDP) shipping to orders shipped to Canada through USPS.
Support for Third Party Billing
If carriers support third party billing for your services, you can set the Enable Third Party Billing preference for the app. You must add third-party billing accounts to which you want to charge shipping costs for your customers’ orders.
New Labels and Shipping Preferences
- Enable Return Labels – Print a return label using the address details for your organization, after you process a shipment. You can void return labels.
- Shipment Reference #2 and #3 – Select up to two additional shipment references that appear on printed shipping labels, which may depend on your carrier.
- The carton ID or number is preconfigured as the first reference on shipping labels.
- Print Default Logo – When you upload a default logo to your ShipEngine account, you can sync your NetSuite account to obtain its path. You can set this preference if you want to print the default logo on shipping labels.
Shipping Orders Packed Through the NetSuite UI or WMS
Users can now ship orders that you pack directly through the NetSuite UI or WMS. Orders packed through the app cannot be processed for shipping together with those packed through these other options.
Update to Weight Calculation
- Calculate default carton weight – activate rule to include the tare and item weights in the overall weight of a shipment. You can provide the tare weight of a carton or pallet on the mobile app. On item records, you can enter the weight of an item. The app calculates the pallet weight based on the weight of all the cartons you transfer to it and its tare weight.
- Enable Weighing Scale Support – Ship Central applies the carton weight from your scale instead of the calculated weight. It also displays the variance from the calculated weight.
End of Support for Singapore GST F5 Report in SuiteTax Country Tax Reports APAC
The SuiteTax Country Tax Reports APAC SuiteApp version 1.01.1 ends the support for generating the Singapore GST F5 report. As of this version of the SuiteApp, you can no longer perform the following:
- Generate and view the Singapore GST F5 report on the Country Tax Reports page
- Configure the Singapore GST F5 Return template
To continue generating the Singapore GST F5 report, you must install the Singapore Localization SuiteApp.
SECTION 9 - PROJECTS
Time and Expenses Enhancements
You can now turn off and on the notification for the Reject Time Entry box. You can control the status in the Accounting preferences on the Time & Expenses record.
Project 360 Dashboard Enhancements
Project 360 Access Level
Administrators can now assign and manage access within the Project 360 Dashboard according to roles. Access levels determines the projects you can access and view depending on your role.
Project 360 Dashboard Preference Page
This page contains all the focus pages that can appear on your Project 360 Dashboard. By default, the boxes for all the focus pages are checked on the preference. Administrators can change the selection of the focus pages that appear on your Project 360 Dashboard.
Filters in the My Project Portfolio Portlet
The SuiteApp now provides filters you can use to customize projects that appear on the dashboard
Updates to the Project ID Link
When you click the Project ID in the Project Information portlet, the link now opens the Project Overview page of that project. Previously, the Projects ID link opens the project record related to the Project ID. Note that if the Project Overview box is cleared on the Project 360 Dashboard Preference page, the link opens the next available focus page on the dashboard.
SECTION 10 - SUITEANALYTICS
User Interface Enhancements to SuiteAnalytics Workbook
The following sections describe functional enhancements that have been made to SuiteAnalytics Workbook.
Add All Fields to Table Views
In the Dataset Panel, use the new Add all fields to the table button to add all the fields to your table view at one time. For more information, see the SuiteAnswers help topic Workbook Table Views.
New Menu for Workbook Tabs
You can now use the new Tab menu icon next to your workbook tabs to rename or delete your tabs. You can still rename your workbook tabs by double-clicking the tab name. For more information, see the SuiteAnswers help topic Creating a Workbook.
Enhancements to Number Format Settings
The Override box has been removed from the Format window so you can define your settings directly. For more information, see the SuiteAnswers help topic Customizing Numeric Values.
Change to SuiteAnalytics Connect and SOAP Web Services Fields
Prior to 2023.2, when you worked with SuiteAnalytics Connect or SOAP web services, you could use the parent field of the AccountingPeriod record type in your queries. As of 2023.2, the parent field of the AccountingPeriod record type is available only if the Multiple Calendars feature is disabled. If the Multiple Calendars feature is enabled, use the parent field of the AccountingPeriodFiscalCalendars record type instead.
If you do not change your Connect queries and SOAP web services requests before upgrading to 2023.2, they may stop working.
Note: If you use SuiteAnalytics Connect, this change applies to the schema available through the NetSuite2.com data source only.
To see a sample of how a Connect query should look like, see the help topic Accounting Periods.
To see a sample for SOAP web services, see the help topic Accounting Period.
End of Support for HTML Code in Saved Search Formula (Text) Fields
To improve the security of saved searches in your account, searches with Formula (Text) fields that contain HTML code now display results as plain text only.
To prevent issues with your searches, replace your existing Formula (Text) fields with the new Formula (HTML) field. Access to this new field is based on the Create HTML Formulas in Search permission.
For more information about the new Formula (HTML) field and permission, see the help topic Evaluating Code in Saved Searches Using Formula (HTML) Fields.
Advanced SaaS Metrics Now Available (SuiteAnalytics SuiteApp)
(only available in full NetSuite edition accounts)
Advanced SaaS Metrics SuiteApp lets you inspect and analyze recurring revenue for contract-based and software as a service (SaaS) business setups. The SuiteApp creates contract transaction records from sales orders, invoices, or CSV imports and then processes them for viewing as metrics on the dashboard.
You can do the following from the Saas Metrics dashboard:
- View tiles for your company's key performance indicators (KPIs) such as monthly recurring revenue (MRR), annual recurring revenue (ARR), total customers, new customers, churn rate, and renewal rate. From the tiles, you can also view comparisons for this month versus the previous month for each of these KPIs.
- View annual recurring revenue amounts per month.
- View a 12-month rolling forecast to gauge the annual or monthly run rate of recurring revenue from existing customers.
- View detailed ARR and MRR information for each new, downsell, renewal, upsell, or churn amounts.
- View a graph or table that lets you compare the new and churn customer count per month.
- View a report showing the customer count per month.
- View metrics and reports for a single subsidiary.
- View metrics and reports for consolidated subsidiaries.
Advanced SaaS Metrics has the following features:
- Use of sales orders and invoices as the primary source record for the dashboard. You can also select secondary source records for information that may not be available in sales orders or invoices.
- Ability to import contract transaction records through CSV.
- Capability to establish contract relationship manually through a custom field or by letting the SuiteApp automatically predict related contracts.
- Process and include RMA (return authorization merchandise) records in the dashboard calculations for sales orders, invoices, and CSV imported records.
Advanced SaaS Metrics is available in the SuiteApp Marketplace. For installation instructions, see the help topic Installing Advanced SaaS Metrics.
For more information about the SuiteApp, see the help topic Advanced SaaS Metrics.
SECTION 11 - SUITEAPP DISTRIBUTION
SuiteApp distribution includes SuiteBundler, SuiteApp Marketplace, and SuiteApp Control Center capabilities that you can use to distribute customizations to accounts.
Bundle Support During Release Phasing
During the phasing of 2023.2, some accounts will continue to use 2023.1 at the same time that other accounts are upgraded to 2023.2. Therefore, you may be using a different version than some of the accounts where your developed bundles are installed to.
Review the following descriptions for a reminder of how bundles from different versions are handled during release phasing:
- Bundles developed with 2023.1 can be installed in accounts that are already using 2023.2
- Bundles developed with 2023.2 can be installed in accounts that are still using 2023.1, but with the following limitations:
- When a user in a 2023.1 account installs a bundle from a 2023.2 account, the bundle installation stops if there are object types in the bundle that are not supported in 2023.1
- A bundle with a script that uses a new API available only in 2023.2 can be installed into a 2023.1 account, but the script may not function correctly because 2023.1 does not support the API.
SECTION 12 - SUITETALK WEB SERVICES INTEGRATION
SOAP Web Services Version 2023.2
SOAP Web Services Version 2023.2 is not yet available.
Araxis Merge Diff File for the 2023.2 Endpoint
In the Release Notes 2023.1, it was discussed that it wasn’t available yet, so it is for 2023.2. but the Release Notes provides details about the types of information it will include.
NetSuite publishes an Araxis Merge diff file for every new endpoint. Depending on the scope of the release, changes described in the Araxis Merge diff file may include:
- New Record Types
- Elements (fields) that have been added, removed, or changed
- New sublists (lists)
- New joins
- New search filters and search return columns
- New platform operations
SOAP Schema Browser
The 2023.2 SOAP Schema Browser is not yet available.
SECTION 13 - TAXATION
Release 2023.2 includes the following updates for taxation:
Multiple Shipping Routes
The Multiple Shipping Routes feature must first be enabled and then, the Enable Item Line Shipping on the sales transaction.
This enables users to ship to several addresses using different shipping methods on the same transaction. Consequently, tax engines are now able to calculate shipping and handling taxes on line level.
Tax Reporting Framework Enhancement
- Manual Submission and Multiple Nexuses Support
- Manual Submission – A ‘Submit Manually’ button is now available on VAT Reports. This sets the status to Manually Submitted. Use this feature when submitting to tax authorities outside of NetSuite.
- Multiple Nexuses – This feature allows to implement reports in account with SuiteTax that include transactions under multiple different nexuses.
International Tax Reports Enhancements
- Philippines VAT RELIEF Reports Update
When generating a CSV or PDF File of quarterly Summary List of Sales (SLS) and Summary List of Purchases (SLP), the following information now appears in the footnote:
- Username and user ID of the person who generated the report
- Date and time of the report generation
- Software used to generate the report
Business Registration Number is now also displayed.
International Tax Reports 3.126.0 Issue Fixes
- Drilldown Report
The Gross Total now displays the correct total gross amount of all the listed transactions.
- Decimal Comma Number Format
Comma (,) is now recognized as a decimal separator on VAT Reports.
SECTION 14 - USER INTERFACE
Maximum Number of Saved Searches in the Navigation Menu
- The maximum number of saved searches available in the NetSuite navigation menu is 100.
- To view all searches, users may go to Reports > Saved Searches > All Saved Searches
Removal of the Ext JS Library
- NetSuite has started the process to remove the Ext JS Library to optimize performance.
- This will be removed in 2024.1 release.
- If users rely on the EXT JS library’s API, users will need to replace it with their own external instance of the library or adjust the code for use without the EXT JS Library as the removal may break external references to it.
Changes to Supported Safari Browser and Mac OS Versions
- Only the two most recent stable major versions of the Safari browser and Mac OS are supported for NetSuite.
- Users are advised to update to a supported version before upgrading to 2023.2 if users are still using an older version of Safari or Mac OS.
SECTION 15 - VENDORS, PURCHASING, AND RECEIVING
Enhancements to Bill Capture
Note: This feature is available for US only.
Scanned Vendor Bills page:
- Upload multiple files - Multiple files of vendor bills can be uploaded on Scanned Vendor Bills page
- Hide and delete rows
- Rows of scanned bills that have been created can be hidden.
- Rows of scanned bills that haven’t been created can be deleted. The file in File Cabinet will be deleted if the row is deleted.
- Auto-refresh – The list of scanned bills is automatically refreshed after a new file is uploaded.
Review Bill page:
- Subsidiary mapping - If you have access to multiple subsidiaries, Bill Capture attempts to select the correct subsidiary. If an incorrect subsidiary is suggested, you can manually update it. The Bill Capture will learn from this correction for the next time.
- Expense line mapping - The accuracy of expense line mapping is improved by matching what is on the bill to the items and expenses on the purchase order. If there is no matching purchase order, it will consider using historical data.
- Reference number duplicate detection - A warning message will be displayed if the reference number isn’t unique for the vendor. You can save or change it.
Vendor Bill Sender Permission for Transaction Email Capture
Previously, only users with the Administrator role can access the Transaction Email Capture subtab in the vendor record to add multiple email addresses. For more information about how to add vendor email address for Transaction Email Capture, see the help topic Managing Vendor Email Addresses Using Transaction Email Capture.
In version 1.1.1 of the Transaction Email Capture SuiteApp, roles with the Vendor Bill Sender permission can now see and access the Transaction Email Capture subtab. For more information see Creating or Customizing Roles to Use Transaction Email Capture.
NetSuite 2023.2 includes the following enhancements to Commerce features:
SECTION 16 - SC/SCMA/SCA - SUITECOMMERCE SOLUTIONS
Commerce Themes and Extensions are only available if they are provisioned and set up in your account.
Commerce Themes – Released new version of SC Horizon Theme and SC Posh Theme that includes minor fixes.
Commerce Extensions – the latest extension added is The Google Tag Manager Editor extension to add support for the Google Analytics 4 service.
SECTION 17 - SUITECOMMERCE INSTORE
SuiteCommerce InStore (SCIS) uses a phased release process to distribute managed-bundle upgrades. Each phase consists of a different group of customers who receives the latest SCIS release. Administrators set up for customers within a phased group to receive an email notification listing when their upgrade will occur. Contact your Account Manager if you have questions about the availability of SCIS 2023.2
This SCIS release provides updates that affect behind-the-scenes processing in NetSuite. The release currently has no functional changes that are visible at the point-of-sale.