Unlike built-in standard records, there is no default QuickView for custom records. Because the fields on every custom record are unique, there is no way for the system to set default QuickView fields for all custom records. Therefore, you must create custom record QuickViews yourself by performing the following steps.
To configure QuickViews for custom records:
- Go to Customization > Lists, Records, & Fields > Record Types.
- Select the custom record type you want to display QuickViews.
- On the Edit Custom Record Type page, click the Forms subtab.
- Click Customize next to the standard version of the custom record form. Or, if you already have an existing custom form, click Edit next to this form.
- On the page that appears, click the QuickView tab.
- In the Field Description column, add the fields you want to appear in the QuickView for this custom record type. After adding each new field, click Add. To remove a field, click the X icon that appears to the right of the field.
- Click Save.
On the list page for this custom record type, you can hover over a record to see the QuickView.