Emails are still being sent out even after deselecting the Notify Attendees by Email checkbox in an Activity Record (E.g. Event Record).
Here is an explanation on how the emailing on Event Record works and what the Notify Attendees by Email checkbox is designed for:
- The preference from Home > Set Preferences > Activities tab controls what kind of attendees can receive an email.
- By default, if users select Internally then it is just sent only to Employees by default.
- If users select To All Invitees, then it sends the activity email to everyone not only to Employees but it can include Partners, Vendors, Customers, Contacts, Groups, etc. (Note: There is no option for 'None')
- The checkbox next to each Attendee is automatically checked or unchecked, when the attendee is added, which is based on the preference when going to Home > Set Preference > Activities
- Thus if the preference is set to Internally, then it is checked for Employees only even if there are other entities included (E.g. Contact or Partner).
- The Notify Attendees by Email checkbox has a 'Smart Check-All' design, and what it does is it either check every Attendee, or uncheck every Attendee. It is smart because it also obeys the preference, in the following way:
- If the preference is set to Internally then it only checks Employee records.