User is preparing for their budgets for upcoming fiscal year and noticed that when running their Profit and Loss report, a specific account ought not to be used displays certain figures for specific periods instead of displaying zero (0) amount.
When drilling on the report, user is presented with Journals related to the Pay Run record. As the Journal Entry displays a total amount, user would like to know what is the break down of this and review the details.
To verify the total amount, user can go to the Transactions tab of the Pay Run record to locate the amount displayed in the Journal. Next is to create a Payslip Detail search by following steps below:
- Navigate to JCurve Payroll
- Expand Payroll Records and locate Payslip Detail Records
- Click Search
- Click Create Saved Search
- Set Search Title
- Enter the Pay Run ID (e.g. Standard Fortnightly - 27/8/2023)
- OTE Amount field: Set the Summary Type to Sum
- P&L Account field: Set the Summary Type to Group
- Click Save & Run
After displaying the search results, user can drill down to the P&L Account to see the breakdown of the amount.