- industrial action (other than industrial action organised or engaged in by the employer)
- a breakdown of machinery or equipment, if the employer cannot reasonably be held responsible for the breakdown, or
- a stoppage of work for any cause for which the employer cannot reasonably be held responsible (e.g. COVID-19)
The following instructions detail how to configure a Stand Down leave type in your account.
Please note this leave type is unpaid, but the employee will continue to accrue leave e.g. annual, personal and long service leave at normal rates.
- Go to Payroll Administration > Payroll Setup > Pay Component Sub Type
- Locate 'Compassionate Leave-Paid', and click View next to it
- Go to Actions > Make Copy
- Set the Name to "Stand Down Leave" or similar
- Set the Rate to 0
- Set the OTE Rate to 0
- Untick OTE
- Click Save
You can then create Leave Requests for your employees using this new "Stand Down Leave" Pay Component Sub Type.