This is a situation where an invoice with no terms and due date is blank would give different behaviors in Open Invoices:
- In Reports > Sales > Open Invoices, this standard report doesn’t have the No.Days Overdue in the Filter.
Result: An invoice without term and with blank due date will appear on this report.
- In Reminder > Invoices That Are Overdue
- Create an Invoice without term and with blank due date. Transaction date should be the day before so that it will be overdue already
- Navigate to Home > Reminders portlet > Setup> Add Standard Reminders > Select Invoices that are overdue
- In Days column, write 1 day as the day/s after due date
- In Reminders portlet, click Invoices that are overdue
Result: Notice that the invoice without due date will not be captured in this Open Invoices report.
Technically, when creating an invoice without term, the Due Date field is automatically filled by whatever is the transaction date. But, when user unintentionally deletes the due date, this will lead to the report not pulling up the record.
The behavior of Days Overdue field works only for those invoices with due date. Invoice without due date will not be included in the Open Invoices report when No Days Overdue is filtered. The same invoices will not be captured in any Saved Search where the field is used.