There are multiple ways how the Customer Statements can be emailed from NetSuite to remind Customers to pay their invoices.
The first way is to use Print Statement page and email the statement to the customer's email address that must be defined on Customer record.
1. Navigate to Transactions > Customers > Generate Statements
2. On Print Statement page populate the fields in the header area
3. Scroll down and mark the box by the Customer you wish to email the statement
Note: Make sure that the Email is set on Customer record. You can add an Email column on this page by click on Customize button > Additional Columns tab > mark the Include box by Email field > Click Save.
4. Click Actions > Email
5. The statement is emailed to the customer and this email can be tracked via Customer record > Communication tab > Messages subtab.
Another way is to send the Statement directly from Customer record. In that case you can define multiple recipients in the email, set your own Message, and also attachments.
1. Navigate to Lists > Relationships > Customers
2. View any Customer record
3. Communication tab > Messages subtab > Click Email button
4. On the new Email Message popup window:
- Recipients tab > select the preferred Recipient or add additional ones
- Message tab > set the preferred Subject and type in the custom Message
- Attachments tab > mark the Include Statement box and set the Statement Date/Start Date
5. Click Merge&Send button
6. The statement is emailed to the customer and this email is stored again on Customer record > Communication tab > Messages subtab.