Product: NetSuite 2020.1
Some common NetSuite scenarios are:
- When users customized a Form (created, moved or deleted new fields) and the changes are not being reflected
- When users are prompted that new passwords do not match but didn't enter any password under Access tab > Password fields
- When the system logs you out and giving you a notice of incorrect password despite of entering the correct one.
- When users switched from one role to another and the tabs in Menu are not changing. Let's say you have Sales Center on one role and Support Center on another role and the Sales Center menus are being displayed even when you switched to the Support Center role.
- Menus are not aligned properly or distorted
- Navigation bar not displayed correctly (background of the navigation bar is blank)
- When having issues in uploading a CSV file during import
- When having issues exporting Reports/Searches in any format
- When new permissions are added to the role and the links do not appear immediately
- The Center background is transparent and Check Boxes are missing
The cache is a temporary folder in which certain web pages that users have viewed or downloaded are being stored. So when users visit the same page for a second time, the browser speeds up display time by loading the page locally from the cache instead of downloading everything again.
Many browser related problems can be fixed by clearing the cache and/or the cookies. Cookies, on the other hand, are small pieces of information stored on the computer which save website customization. Is also recommended to delete cache and cookies from time to time in order to prevent the results from scenarios listed above.
Clear browser cookies to fix issues like: sign-in problems (ex: when you change your password and the new password is not being accepted), or for error messages about setting user cookies.
Clear browser cache to fix issues like: Pages that hang, freeze, don't finish loading, or contain old content.
Before clearing your cache and cookies, be sure to ask yourself the 3 questions below first.
- Do I still know my password?
- Do I still know all the answers to my security questions?
- Is my phone number or 2FA code generator application still updated for me to receive the verification code from my Two-Factor Authentication right away?
If your answer is YES to all then proceed to clearing your cache.
If your answer is NO then check below on how to update it.
Steps: Go to your Dashboard and look for the Settings Portlet.
- Change Password to update your password.
- Reset 2FA Settings to update your phone number or 2FA code generator application.
- Update Security Questions to select a new set of questions and enter new answers.
Step by Step Guide on How to Clear Cache Based on your Browser