- Sales Order custom form 1 - contains Packing Slip layout template A
- Sales Order custom form 2 - contains Packing Slip layout template B
I. Create Packing Slip Layout Templates
- Navigate to Customization > Forms > **
- ** Advanced PDF/HTML Templates for Advanced PDF
- ** Transaction Form PDF Layouts for Basic PDF
- Save a copy of either a standard or custom Packing Slip template you prefer by clicking 'Save' button from a standard copy or 'Save As' for a custom.
- Click Customise for a Standard Layout.
- Rename your layout.
- Click Save button.
- Click Edit on a Custom Existing Layout.
- Rename it to your second version.
- Hover mouse on Save then click Save As instead for a copy.
II. Assign Packing Slip Layout Templates to Packing Slip Forms
- Now that you have created 2 versions of Packing Slip layout, you must assign / select this on your 2 versions of Packing Slip forms as well. You may navigate to Customization > Forms > Transaction Forms > Edit your two 'preferred' Packing Slip forms.
- Click Save.
III. Assign Packing Slip Forms to Sales Order Forms
- Navigate to Customization > Forms > Transaction Forms > Edit your two 'preferred' Sales Order forms.
- Click the Linked Forms tab.
- As per the figure below, on the Packing Slip field, please choose the Packing Slip form for this Sales Order form.
- Click Save.
Your Ver 1 Sales Order form will print out a PDF using "Packing Slip (1 ver.)" layout template because this is the layout you selected for your 1 ver. Packing Slip form.
NetSuite has this hierarchy that identifies which form should be used in printing:
Restrictions - If the role has a restriction on a form, then, it will always use that form. This can be seen under the FORMS subtab of a role
Linked Forms - If you're printing from an Item Fulfillment, go to the related Sales Order. Check if it's using a custom form. If yes, then customize the form and look for the form selected for packing slip under the Linked Forms subtab. If the Sales Order is using a standard form, it will skip Linked Forms in the hierarchy.
Roles specific preferred form - If there's no restriction, and no form selected on the linked forms (or the SO is using a standard form), then it will look for the packing slip form preferred for the role. This can also be seen under the Forms subtab of a role record. On the other hand, if you're an admin, you have to check each packing slip form and see if Administrator is checked under Roles subtab
System wide preferred form - If there's no restriction, no linked forms, no role-specific form, then it will look for the preferred packing slip form under Customization > Forms > Transaction Forms.