Reconcile Account Statement > Edit Previous Reconciliation Date > Edit Previous reconciliation when using the Reconcile Account Statement feature.
Editing previous reconciliation is not possible if you are already using the Reconcile Account Statement feature. When you try to open a previous reconciliation using this feature, there is a message that states: "You cannot enter a date earlier than the close date for the last reconciled statement. Enter a new date."
To edit the account reconciliation, please follow the steps below:
- Open the account record of the bank account by navigating to Lists > Accounting > Accounts > Edit link on bank account
- In the account record, set USE MATCH BANK DATA AND RECONCILE ACCOUNT STATEMENT PAGES checkbox = False
- Click Save
- Go to Transactions > Bank > Reconcile Bank Statement
- Select the bank account on the Account drop-down list to navigate back to the previously saved bank reconciliation
- Click Save once the editing is completed
- Go back to the account record (see Step 1)
- Set the USE MATCH BANK DATA AND RECONCILE ACCOUNT STATEMENT PAGES checkbox = True
- Click Save
You can now continue using the Reconcile Account Statement feature with your previous reconciliation edited.