Single Touch Payroll reports are submitted to the ATO using Infinet Cloud's AUSKey as a signing credential. Each AUSKey has an expiry date; once expired the AUSKey cannot be used for signing purposes. Hence, you will not be able to report your STP. The current Infinet Cloud Payroll AUSKey expires on the 1st of February 2022, and prior to this date you must renew the signing credential.
"The request for a new SAML Token from Vanguard failed"
How to Renew Signing Credentials
To renew the signing credentials you need to:
- Run the Branch Setup Assistant (Payroll Administration > Single Touch Payroll AU > Branch Setup Assistant).
- Select one of your configured branches and step through to the 3rd Step - Load AusKey Credentials.
- Click the Click HERE to load signing credentials which will open a new window.
- The Load AUSkey for STP form gets the latest Aus Key from Infinet Cloud, observe the updated Valid To date.
- Click the Save AUSkey Credentials button, the window will close and proceed through the remaining steps of the Assistant using the Next button.
- Once you reach the Confirm and Save stage ensure you click the Finish button as this updated the managed key being used by the branch.
If you have multiple branches you only need to update one, the renewed AUSKey will be updated onto all branches which have an existing Key that is marked as "managed".
What's Next ?
You may continue running Payroll as per normal.
Error is still present after renewing credentials?
Fix it by following the steps below:
Delete the EBMS and Pay event
Once you have renewed your signing credential, Proceed with the steps below:
1. Go to the Pay Event on the Payrun by clicking the PAYEVNT0140 link.
2. On the Pay Event record, click the EBMS Request link: PAYEVNT0140 / PAYRUN-297
3. Edit the EBMS Request and then under Actions, click Delete.
4. Once deleted, go back to the Pay Event Record, and Delete the Pay Event as well by clicking Delete Pay Event button.
5. Once deleted, go back to the Payrun record and click the Report STP button. This will recreate a new pay event and ebms.