User Can Still Post Transactions in Locked Period
A user can still post in Locked Period if he/she is using a role with Override Period Restriction permission.
Locking future periods prevents users from entering transaction data and journal entries by mistake. The period window ensures that most users post transactions only within the window of unlocked periods. A user whose role includes the Override Period Restrictions permission, however, can post in either locked or unlocked periods.
To identify users with Override Period Restrictions permission:
- Navigate to Reports > Saved Searches > All Saved Searches > New
- Click Employee
- Search Title : Enter Title
- Click Criteria tab
- Click Standard subtab
- Select Role Fields....
- Role Fields....: Select Permission
- Click Override Period Restrictions
- Click Results tab
- Click Columns subtab
- Select Name
- Select Role
- Click Save & Run
To remove the Override Period Restrictions permission to roles:
- Navigate to Setup > Users/Roles > Manage Roles
- Edit the role
- Click Permissions tab
- Click Setup subtab
- Remove the Override Period Restrictions permission
- Click Save
NOTE: If the role is a standard role, you cannot edit the role. You might consider providing a custom role to the employee without the Override Period Restrictions permission.