To create a Sales by Report showing quantity of products sold and customer category who made the purchase:
- Navigate to Reports > Sales > Sales by Customer
- Click Customise button
- In the Add Fields section (left side), expand the main +Customer/Project folder.
- Look for the +Customer Category folder under it, expand, then choose Name
- Still in the Add Fields section, expand the main +Sales folder
- Look for Quantity under it and click to add
- Look for the +Item folder under it, expand, then choose Name
- At this point, you will have 5 columns in the Report Preview: Customer, Sales, Customer Category: Name, Quantity, Item:Name
- In the Report Preview (center), click on "Item: Name" column to highlight, then click Move Left button repeatedly until it is on the left-most side
- Tick the Group checkbox below
- In the Report Preview, click on "Quantity" column to highlight, then tick the Add Grand Total checkbox below
- Re-arrange the other columns as needed by using the Move Left and Move Right buttons
- Enter a unique Report Title
- Click Save
Sample screenshot of Report Preview:
- The report should show the Sales based on Items, showing Quantity sold, Sales amount, Customer Category, and Customer Name.
Alternatively, you may also Remove the 'Customer' or the 'Customer/Project: Name (Grouped)' column, move Customer Category Column in the 2nd left-most column, then tick Group with Previous Column box. See screenshot:
- This will display a more summarized version of the report where it is first Grouped by Item then by Customer Category, showing the Quantity and Sales.