User is unable to reopen a closed Purchase Order line because the Closed box/column is grayed out. The Closed column is grayed out because there is a Journal Entry linked to it. In order to make changes on the Line Item, you need to Void or Delete the Journal Entry created for the Purchase Order.
- Look for the date and time when a change is made for the Bill Variance Status.
- Navigate to Transactions > Purchases > Enter Purchase Orders > List
- Purchase Order in concern: Click View
- Click Items
Note: Additional step to click Items (sublist) if Accounting Preference for Allow Expenses On Purchases is enabled.
- Line Item to reopen: Click History
- Look for the date and time when a change is made for the Bill Variance Status
- Take the latest journal posting date and time
Note: The New Value should be Journal Posted.
- Void or Delete Journal Entry created for the Purchase Order.
- Navigate to Transactions > Payables > Post Vendor Bill Variances > Status
- Filters: Enter Date Range noted in Step 1
- Exact Date and Time in Step 1: Click Complete
- Look for the Purchase Order
- Void or Delete the Journal Entry created for the Purchase Order