Product: Netsuite 2020.1
There are times when users manually change or edit the description of the item while on the transaction record. While this does not override the actual description of the item, some users would want to pull this version of description data instead of the original description found in item records.
To pull up the edited Description value from the items added on a transaction record, follow the instructions below:
- Lists > Searches > Saved Searches.
- Click Transaction.
- Click on Criteria Tab
- Go to Standard Subtab > Select the following Filters:
- Type > Select your transaction record
- (Optional) Applied To Transaction Fields... > Select Type > Type = any of > Set any related transaction record
- Click on Results Tab
- Go to Columns Subtab > Add the following Field:
- Add Memo field to show the custom Description of the items found in selected transaction record in Criteria
- (Optional) Applied To Transaction Fields... > Select Memo
Note: This column will display the Description coming from the related Transaction record
- Add more Fields as needed
- Click on Save & Run