When merging entity duplicates where Merge Type is any of the following below, an error is returned on the Duplicate Resolution status:
a. Delete duplicates, keep master record
b. Delete duplicates, keep record created the earliest
c. Delete duplicates, keep record with most populated fields
d. Delete duplicates, keep record with most recent activity
This behavior happens when the record marked as duplicate has dependent records.
To confirm the behavior:
1. Edit the record marked as duplicate.
2. More Actions > Click Delete.
3. The following Notice will be displayed:
- This record cannot be deleted because it has dependent records.
4. Click the dependent records hyperlink to display the corresponding records.