Customer would like to not allow the “Customize View” button to be used on Customer Record level. They have a view to be used across the organization and would like to have a uniform default view.
Hide the Customize button with the following steps:
- Using Administrator Role, navigate to Setup > Users / Roles > Manage Roles
- Edit the Role user want to remove the Customize View Button from
- Go to the Searches Subtab and under the Standard sublist can add Type of Search. E.g.: Message
- Now choose a Search under the Sublist View Column user want to give to the Role (Note: The Search needs to be marked as available for Sublist View)
- Under the Column Restricted, please check the checkbox
This needs to be done for every Role and Record user want to restrict the View with. The example will remove the Button from all Message sublist (E.g.: from the communication subtab under the Customer)
If customer want to restrict the List View as well user can make a Search available for List View as well and add it under the Column List View found in step 4.