Add the permission needed for a particular functionality.
Example: To be able to create and edit inventory adjustments.
What you’ll need:
- Access to an administrator role or a role that already has access to the page you want
- Access to a role that’s missing that functionality and needs to have it added
After getting what you need, please check the following instructions below:
- Access the page using the role with permission to that functionality
- Copy the URL from your browser
- Login to the role that is missing the required functionality
- Paste the copied URL into your browser
- Read the error message that pops up. The permission you need is plainly spelled out right there.
Please see detailed explanation below:
1. First, you have to access the page you need to get a permission to Inventory Adjustment page using my administrator role.
3. Next, select and copy the URL from my browser using Ctrl+C, right clicking and selecting copy, or similar functionality.
3. Now, switch to the role that needs access to the Inventory Adjustment functionality.
4. Finally, paste the copied URL into the browser at the top.
5. Now, hit enter to see the notice. This will try to redirect you to that same page using this new role, and should result in an error message. The permission you need is plainly spelled out right there (I’ve circled it in the screen shot below).
To be add this permission "Adjust Inventory", you need to go to the role setup via Setup > Users/Roles > Manage Roles > then edit the role. Under Permissions tab > Transactions subtab, kindly add permission called "Adjust Inventory" and select a permission level. Since you want the user to be able to create and edit, select Edit permission level so both create and edit level are enabled.
For the Roles and Permission documentation, please check attached file to download.